Work At Civic
Want to work at Spokane Civic Theatre?
There are many ways to get involved at Spokane Civic Theatre! In addition to our many volunteer opportunities, we also occasionally have staff openings and internship opportunities available.
Current employment and internship positions are listed below:
Available Staff Positions
Hospitality and Box Officer
September-June, Part Time, Evenings and Weekends
Spokane Civic Theatre is looking for individuals who would like to assist with the theater-going
experience for patrons through ticket sales and concessions service. This position is seasonal
through the current 2017-18 season and the 2018-2019 season (September – June).
Compensation is minimum wage (plus tips when working concessions) and two tickets to each
show. Interested applicants may submit a resume in person during open office hours or submit
by e-mail to the Concessions Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare the concessions counter for service.
- Interact with patrons, take orders, and prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Operate Tickets West and Square for cash and credit card transactions.
- Sell, exchange, and return tickets to patrons.
- Run financial reports and balance money drawers.
- Restock service needs.
- Protect the establishments and patrons by adhering to sanitary and safety protocols for
food and alcohol service.
- Stay updated on current events of the theater and assist patrons with questions
regarding current productions.
- Uphold high standards of quality service and presentation.
- Positively represent and promote the theater through attitude and appearance.
- Be knowledgeable about products and services that the theater offers.
- Pleasantly assist patrons to ensure satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary work environment.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be have a valid Class 12 MAST permit or be willing to get one.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Must be available weekends.
- Must be able to keep work areas clean, stocked, and organized.
- Basic math skills.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Computer and smart device literacy.
- Previous customer service experience is a plus.
Available Intern Positions
Spokane Civic Theatre loves to work with interns! Please inquire through your school program for internship information.
Volunteer At Civic
Spokane Civic Theatre has more than 500 volunteers who serve as actors, backstage crews, house managers, front of house, and board members. The time generously given by our volunteers, over 90,000 volunteer hours, enables us to provide live community theatre to approximately 32,000 audience members annually.
We are pleased to present a wide array of exciting and rewarding volunteer opportunities! Volunteers of all ages and skill levels are welcome and encouraged to join in making Civic the best that it can be! Available positions include:
- You do not need to fill anything out ahead of time; just come to an audition!
- More information on upcoming auditions available here
- Contact: email@example.com for further questions
- Tasks include: poster distribution, mailing preparation, lobby set-up for shows, etc.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tasks include: Assisting with classes and performances, brochure distribution, etc.
- Contact: email@example.com