Spokane Civic Theatre is pleased to announce a call for one-act scripts and for directors for its 29th Playwrights’ Forum Festival. Selected scripts will be fully produced at the festival to be held June 8 - 18, 2017.
- One-act plays that run 30 minutes or less (30 page maximum).
- One script only.
Please do not send scripts submitted in previous years.
- Playwrights must reside in the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, or in the provinces of Alberta or British Columbia, Canada.
- We welcome plays that are unpublished, unproduced or produced but have not received a professional production.
- Standard play format is preferred.
- There are no restrictions on content, but please no musicals.
- Absolutely no author name should appear on the script.
- Electronic submissions only.
Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5:00pm Pacific Time
March 31, 2017
Thank you and we look forward to reading your work.
Spokane Civic Theatre is a nationally award-winning nonprofit theatre located in Spokane, Washington. Incorporated in 1947, it is one of the oldest community theatres in the country. Its Mission is to foster and operate a volunteer live community theatre of high artistic merit.
- Playwrights are encouraged to attend rehearsals
- Limited housing available for playwrights to be involved with the process of staging their play. More information will be available further along in the process of the festival.
- Playwrights will recieve 2 complimentary tickets to all festival plays.
Directors are one of the most important positions our organization has. They are a direct spokesman for the Civic. They must work closely with Civic Staff in order to maintain the level of professionalism we require. Their vision and concept must be clearly communicated to the design team and actors, and the ability to coordinate a number of people simultaneously is paramount! This is a great opportunity for new directors, or directors with time limitations. To be considered as a director for a SCT production, you will need to:
- Submit a director resume
- Submit a Personal director philosophy statement, including types of shows you are strong at, as well as what types you prefer to be considered for
- Let us know of definite times you are unavailable
- The festival shows will be selected by March 31, 2017, and auditions will be help April 17-18, 2017. Meetings for directors will needed around these times for selection of shows and casts.
- Rehearsals will be up to the director to schedule for shows starting on June 8th, 2017
Submit information to Lenny@Spokanecivictheatre.com by March 1, 2017