Parking at Civic
Spokane Civic Theatre is located just north of the Spokane River on the corner Howard Street and Gardner Avenue. To the north, east and west of us are Diamond Parking Lots. To the south is Dean Street which has metered parking along the road.
Parking During the Day
When visiting the Spokane Civic Theatre Box Office during the day, you may park in front of the building on Garner Avenue in the 10 minute loading and unloading zone.
When visiting Costume Rental Shop, we recommend entering the Spokane Civic Theatre Staff and Volunteer Parking Lot (to the east of our building) on Dean Street. Across from the entrance to the Studio Theatre are designated parking spots for visitors of the shop.
When taking classes, or taking your kids to classes, at the Spokane Civic Theatre Academy you will be given parking passes on your first day of class. Those parking passes are valid for the date duration of your class for you to park in the Spokane Civic Theatre Staff and Volunteer Parking Lot.
Parking During a Show
When seeing a show either at night or during the day, patrons have ample parking options with the city parking that surrounds our building.
To the north, east and west of us are Diamond Parking Lots which are monitored 24/7*
- When there is an event happening at the Spokane Arena, the booths will manned and the price for parking in the lots usually varies from $6 – $12 cash.
- When there is no one at the booth:
- There is a parking kiosk at the west end of the parking lot to accept credit cards for a Civic Patron price of $3. This option can be time consuming when the lines are long.
- You can download the CallToPark app to pay for your parking on your smartphone with a credit card. When using this option, you will need your license plate number and the lot number 201201.
- You can call Diamond Parking and pay by phone at 888-767-9037 with a credit card. When using this option, you will need your license plate number and the lot number 201201.
- To pay without credit card, you may purchase parking vouchers for cash or check at the Civic Box Office. Parking vouchers may be purchased at any time and in any number, on the day of the show or beforehand. We recommend those who see multiple shows per season visit the Box Office during regular business hours (Tue-Sat, 2-6 PM) and pick up multiple passes to avoid lines the day of the show.
Additionally to the south of the building along Dean Street there are city meters that take only coins. The meters turn off at 7 PM Monday-Saturday and are not on Sundays.
Parking as a Volunteer
As a cast, crew, or orchestra member during a show your producer or stage manager will provide you with a Spokane Civic Theatre Staff and Volunteer Parking Lot pass for the duration or your show, as well as information as where to park when the lot is full.
As a front of house volunteer, your house manager will provide you with a Spokane Civic Theatre Staff and Volunteer Parking Lot pass for that day. If the lot is full, the Box Officers will give you information on where to park.
The Spokane Civic Theatre Staff and Volunteer Parking Lot passes are only valid while you are working or volunteering.